Friday, September 20, 2013

Hybrid V3, General Schedule & JAA

Hybrid V3:
 
Everything is working, finally. But there are still some minor issues to sort out. One issue is the live video, while smooth, is delayed by about 500ms. So we lose about 0.5s of betting time. This is just a video codec issue and is easy enough to fix.
 
A more critical issue relates to multiple players and when they get predictions. Currently for the typical team play setup:
 
Player 1: Gets prediction instantly (besides the 500ms delay). But with the 500ms delay, prediction is +500ms what we consider "perfect". The player only needs 1 ball and 1 rotor revolution, which is a prediction in about 3-4 seconds after ball release. The equivalent accuracy with another computer such as the Uber will require 5 revolutions to be clocked, but this takes a lot longer and by that time, no more bets may be called. The Hybrid has the benefit of high accuracy without taking long. Plus a simple addition later will take partial rotor revolutions like the Uber computer does, so we can get highly accurate predictions in as little as 1.5 - 2 seconds after ball release, but that's a lot sooner than we need anyway.
 
Player 2: Gets prediction 1000ms later than player 1 (at +1500ms from "perfect")
 
Players 3+ (as many other players as you want): Gets 1000ms later than player 2 (at +2500ms from "perfect")
 
Work has already begun on re-arranging the processes followed by the wireless components, which will ensure that all players get prediction in less than +500ms from "perfect".
 
Luckily the programmers have just about finished the modification anyway, and I should be able to test it tomorrow (if I have time, otherwise will do it when away). Either way again I will be away for 2 weeks starting in a few days, so the fully complete hybrid wont be available until at least 2-3 weeks from now anyway because it will need to be fully tested on a wheel.
 
 
JAA:
 
JAA appears to be working perfectly now, provided you are using a spin profile with no illegal characters. There have been a few reported issues but from what I can see, it is from incorrect software use instead of a bug. If your existing profile has illegal characters, then you may need to create a new profile and let the software inform you if you entered illegal characters. The exception is the import spins feature isn't working, but the programmer now knows about it, and it should be fixed within 24hrs.
 
 
General Schedule:
 
I'm coming to the end of a tax audit (despite the inconvenient timing), which isn't a problem as I've always adhered to regulations. Most of it is already done but the accountants need more material from me to be in pristine order. This must be my first priority before I leave because I won't have access to my filing cabinet for 2 weeks. Nevertheless everything that needed to be done for players has been done, with the exception of some shipping, and live support meetings. I will do the shipping tomorrow but can only do live support meetings when I return. That's why I did the extra instructional videos today.
 
My last day working before I leave will be tomorrow (Friday) so if you need something done, please clearly make your request before morning tomorrow my time.